Anyone know if pack swapping was on the mind of the Leaf engineers? I heard it
used the same cells as the Better Place 24 kwh packs that were definitely
designed with swapping in mind. Different packaging though. IIRC, those BP
packs were eventually sold for about $2500 each when they finally got through
the salvage auction process.

As for thermal management, I believe the 2012 is the first Leaf to have a
rudimentary thermal control in terms of a minimal battery heater that kicks in
at -4 C. I think it'd be more helpful if it started at a higher temp. Both 2011
and 2012 are known to experience capacity loss, as well as some 2013s. There is
more detailed info on the MyNissanleaf forum.