      From: Collin Kidder via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
 To: Rick Beebe <r...@evgrin.com>; Electric Vehicle Discussion List
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
 Sent: Thursday, 2 June 2016, 14:25
 Subject: Re: [EVDL] Ground Faults

Yes, I've had this same trouble with LiFePO4 cells (Thundersky). I
believe that the cases might be ever so slightly conductive. Also, the
car was in a somewhat salty environment by the ocean and sea mist and
dirt caused a build up of conductive material over the top of
everything. So, I cleaned the tops of all of the cells, especially
around the terminals. This helped quite a bit. I still ended up with a
small amount of ground leakage but much better than it was. I don't
know that it can be very easily fixed for good with Thundersky cells.
I'd probably have to insulate every single cell from each other and
the case.