Friends,

I saw a video of someone charging a Nissan Leaf
(presumably) using the provided Level 1 charger
and flexible solar panels attached to the car.
(presumably with an off-grid inverter).

The video had no information other than showing a
clever routing the EVSE through the absent DCQC knockout.
(I have the DCQC port, so even that's not helpful :-)

I had a related idea.
While I am at work, I presently don't have access to the grid.
But I do have access to the sun.
The included L1 charger draws about 1.4 KW.
But I also have OpenEVSE (being assembled) that can
be configured to draw 5a ....@ 120V is ....600W.
Perhaps 4 panels could provide that (depending on losses).

With an appropriate magnetic mounting system,
4  200W panels could fit.   Then big question then would be
is storage of the panels between uses.  (I am not proposing
driving the panels back and forth).

Has anyone seen a project attempt this?

Thanks
Seth

PS - Good News - I am going camping in a State Forest,
and so far, I have verbal approval to plug in @ the office.
I need to do the math...drop off the gear, drive to office,
plug in, hike the Appalachian Trail a few hours, come back,
drive back to site....repeat tomorrow....
There's also a DCQC not far from the Forest.