[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-1939-Dodge-pickup-ice-DIY-reborn-as-an-Electric-truck-v-td4683493.html
]

http://www.equipmentworld.com/this-1939-dodge-pickup-has-been-reborn-with-a-new-electric-heart-video/
This 1939 Dodge pickup has been reborn with a new electric heart (VIDEO)
August 26, 2016  Tom Quimby

[image
http://www.equipmentworld.com/files/2016/08/1939-Dodge-electric-pickup.png

videos  dated
https://youtu.be/UtfctFmCWVg
1939 Dodge Electric Truck Part 2
alegatorlex  Feb 8, 2014
This video shows all of the machining I had to do, to create the coupler
that goes between the shaft of the motor and the flywheel. Next it shows the
machining I had to do to create the adapter plate which in turn is bolted to
the motor / flywheel assembly on one side, and to the transmission assembly
on the other side. Next, you take this assembly and lower it into your
vehicle, and you are well on your way to creating an electric vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idgdb--Ax84
1939 Dodge Electric Truck Part 1 - 10:47
Feb 1, 2014 - Uploaded by alegatorlex
In this document I will chronicle the conversion of my 1939 Dodge Brothers
Pickup Truck from a normal ...
]

Hmmm…what would happen if you take a 1939 Dodge pickup and convert into an
electric daily driver?

A whole lot of fun, according to Al Gajda, who after retiring from IBM
finally electrified the truck that had been sitting in his garage for nearly
40 years.

“I purchased the truck in New Hampshire in 1973 (or thereabout) for $250,”
Gajda writes on his YouTube page, alegatorlex. “Using our Chevy Suburban my
wife Mindy towed the truck home with me steering the truck. Once we got into
our subdivision I jump started the engine. It ran for a few minutes
producing a large cloud of blue smoke. That was the last time the engine
ran.”

No engine, no problem. Gajda, a self-educated engineer of sorts, bought an
electric motor from a company in California that specializes in electric
auto conversions and used it in place of the six-cylinder flathead,
according to Kentucky.com.

A thousand pounds of lithium-ion batteries in the bed provide about 100
miles of range and enough torque to get the truck moving out quickly from
any gear of its original 3-speed transmission! He’s gotten the truck up to
75mph and he said it would have gone faster, but he eased off the original
1939 Dodge accelerator pedal. Gajda, 76, loves driving the pickup while
running errands and dropping his granddaughter off at school in Kentucky.
The pickup is a hit at auto shows or even at local parking lots.

“If I park it at Lowe’s or Home Depot, there’ll be people looking at it when
I come back,” Gajda explained. “But I usually have to tell them it’s
electric.”

Gajda learned a lot about electric auto conversions on the internet and
along the way became a fan of EVTV.ME (Electric Vehicle Television).

“There is a pretty steep learning curve to converting a vehicle to all
electric,” Gajda writes on his YouTube site. “But it is worth it, the first
time you drive your EV down the street!!!”

Gajda offers plenty of advice and encouragement to EV builders through his
YouTube videos.
[© 2016 EQUIPMENT WORLD]

[dated]
http://gas2.org/2014/10/01/1939-dodge-truck-converted-into-ev/
1939 Dodge Truck Converted Into EV
Oct 1, 2014 - Self-taught electric engineer Al Gadja has committed what some
may consider to be historic car heresy, converting his 1939 Dodge truck into
http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article44512482.html
Why is Lexington man's 1939 Dodge pickup so quiet? Its secret may surprise
you
Sep 27, 2014 - Some trucks rattle your windows when they pass. ... But even
newborns sleep in perfect peace when Gajda drives past in his 1939 Dodge
pickup. .... Electrical vehicles are catching on in dealer showrooms today
as gasoline becomes ever more .... Flames consume part of Lexington house,
damage others ...
[video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-UfykwchvU
1939 Dodge Truck Electric Vehicle Update 004 - 13:38
Dec 13, 2013 - Uploaded by Alfred Gajda
I have converted a 1939 Dodge Brothers 1/2 ton pickup truck to be an
electric vehicle. This video details ...
]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.0catch.com}