[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/article-Nissan-Leaf-will-get-a-40-kWh-battery-this-year-tp4683790.html
(Paul posted:  dated)
http://pushevs.com/2016/07/15/nissan-leaf-will-get-a-40-kwh-battery-this-year/
Nissan Leaf will get a 40 kWh battery this year
JULY 15, 2016
]

% Also [dated] see: %

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=22254
Rumor: Leaf 2017 to get 40kWh
[comments] Jul 13, 2016  kensiko This is a rumor that we heard from a few
dealers. The Leaf 2017 will get an upgraded battery pack to 40 kWh in
november. Base S will get the 30 kWh version as early as next month.

jjeff  So would the 40kWh battery fit in the same space? If not I wonder
where the extra bulk will fit.....Now if Nissan will only get busy and start
importing the eNV200, that with a 40kWh would be perfect for me  8-)

LeafMuranoDriver  Makes sense if they aren't going to the 2nd Gen [Leaf]
until 2018.
I'm guessing they'll be able to fit the 40 [kWh pack] in the same size of
the 30 ...

DaveinOlyWA  well a statement with no supporting links definitely qualifies
as a rumor.

kensiko  I'll give you that. The rest is on Facebook Ma Leaf Ma passion, all
in French ...
http://menu-principal-forums-aveq.1097349.n5.nabble.com/batterie-40kw-vrai-ou-faux-td47770.html
 [ ... +more]

% Above .fr URL using French>translate.google>English: %

- [dated] ...
Re: true or false 40kw battery
Fran├žois Viau  [forum] Administrator
I have doubts too, but the information comes from different vendors who have
had this information at an official meeting Sales from NIssan Canada. I
spoke directly with one of them who says hard like iron this:

Leaf S 2016: the next batch (delivery July 2016) will have a 30 kWh battery
2017 Leaf SV & SL: Even bodywork, a few minor changes and new battery 40 kWh
Leaf 2018: Complete overhaul with new battery of 60 kWh

So ... it is still just rumors, yes, but based on more than a person who
reports the same information.

Nissan is usually very stingy on ads. So if you see soon disembark Leaf S
2016 with a battery of 30 kWh, you say there is a good chance that the rest
is true.

Whatever this is all very exciting, one question remains omnipresent: AT
WHAT PRICE(?) ...
-

[dated]
http://insideevs.com/nissan-tests-48-kwh-leaf-at-ecoseries/
Nissan Tests Longer Range, 48-kWh LEAF at ECOseries
3 years ago (2013)

% I found an UPDATE to the Leaf gen2 dated a month ago: %

http://pushevs.com/2016/08/11/update-on-the-nissan-leaf-40-kwh-story/
Update on the Nissan Leaf 40 kWh story
Aug 11, 2016 ... 40 kWh is the usable battery capacity ... The total battery
capacity should be 45-46 kWh for the Nissan Leaf and the Renault Zoe R400

% The wording reads like when the 40kWh pack is made available, the 21kWh
pack will be dropped, the 30kWh pack will shift down to only be offered on
the S trim, and the SV and SL trims will offer the 40kWh pack. But we will
have to wait for these options. For now, current (today) Leaf options are:
 cheaper S trim 21kWh, SV&SL trims 30kWh packs, see

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/versions-specs/
U.S.

http://www.nissan.ca/en/electric-cars/leaf/versions-specs/
Canada