Seth asked -

> My one question (directly )  on this topic is, will the $7500 tax *credit* for
new 2016 purchases
> which can be claimed in April 2017 be at risk?

From
http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/3-things-president-trump-electric-cars.htm

1. Let the $7,500 EV tax credit go extinct
Sometime between the release of the Model 3 and six months later, federal tax
credits of $7,500 for Tesla consumers would hit the 200,000 mark and start
expiring. General Motors, Ford, Nissan, and other manufacturers would follow in
the next year or two, and that would leave EV buyers without the subsidy fossil
fuel industries get. When Trump says the U.S. should not pick "winners and
losers" in the energy department, that would easily apply to shutting down the
tax credit once it expires, likely stopping adoption in its tracks.

Rush Dougherty
Tucson AZ 85719