If GM goes the same route as did Nissan with the Leaf, the OBD2 port will
likely be used for monitoring the CAN buses. That being said, there may place
some info on OBD2 about non-engine related codes, such as ABS, entertainment,
and other common systems that interface with the vehicle's onboard computers.
There are multiple threads on the mynissanleaf forum on the topic; here is a
recent one asking a similar question about OBD 2:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=20210

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=20210

Tom Keenan