Thanks for your reply. Great that I can now interact with the list. Have
enjoyed being a spectator for a while but wanted to get involved.

I've been using a small styrofoam cup as quick insulation... didn't seem
adequate.

So there's no product that anyone sells that's built for purpose?

A rubber sleeve with some sort of oneway binding that allows the cable to be
inserted easily but stops it falling off unless tugged.

Have searched online but only found domestic small cabling solutions.