GM treats the Bolt as if it is something totally new with the use of
many alu body panels and high strength steel alloy, but most body shops
have already plenty experience with the Nissan Leaf, the only difference
I know is that the front fenders of the Leaf are still sheet steel
alloy, while the Bolt apparently has alu fenders. But the Leaf doors are
also alu, as I found out when I tried to work on the damaged driver door
in the Salvage Leaf that I bought. I needed a *big* hammer to get the
front lip of the door into the shape I wanted and I had to watch out or
it crumbled. This was just to make the driver door operate normally (not
to make it look good) until I was able to find an undamaged door to
replace it. Which happened a month later.
Body shop did not blink an eye when I asked them to work on the EV, they
only asked how to turn it on and off.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.