[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Seattle-buying-100-Proterra-EV-buses-tp4685411.html
]

I am glad Seattle got e-buses, but it made me think: didn't the SF-CA bay
area (especially Silicon Valley) get e-buses? Below is a dated item I posted
where some were thinking about it:

[dated]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-e-bus-company-targeting-SF-CA-Peninsula-tp4681674.html
EVLN: e-bus company targeting SF-CA Peninsula
Apr 24, 2016 ... SamTrans is still years away from implementing electric
buses, however. Electric buses tend to cost about twice as much as a 40-foot
diesel bus, which cost around $508,000, SamTrans spokeswoman Tasha
Bartholomew said ...

[defined] samtrans.com  SamTrans is a public transport agency in and around
San Mateo, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. It provides bus
service throughout San Mateo County and into portions of San Francisco and
Palo Alto.

 So, to clarify for non-locals, SamTrans is only half of the public bus
picture (from the northern part of Silicon Valley northward). From Palo Alto
(Santa Clara county) on south is handled by VTA ...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/VTA-Lands-25M-Federal-Grant-to-Buy-Electric-Buses-389559952.html
VTA Lands $2.5M Federal Grant to Buy Electric Buses
Aug 8, 2016 - The Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority was awarded
nearly $2.5 million to purchase a new fleet of zero-emissions buses as well
as ...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-jose/2624747-silicon-valley-vta-will-soon-get.html
Silicon Valley VTA will soon get Proterra electric buses ...
Aug 4, 2016 - I was wondering when this was going to happen...apparently VTA
does plan to purchase Proterra fully electric buses! They are the same size
http://www.fleetsandfuels.com/fuels/evs/2016/08/proterra-lands-eight-fta-low-no-winners/
Proterra Lands Eight FTA Low-No Winners
Aug 2, 2016 ... Proterra emphasized VTA, the Santa Clara Valley
Transportation Authority in California, “as the Silicon Valley’s transit
agency expects to roll out five 40-foot Catalyst XR buses ...

 So, hopefully soon, VTA's e-buses will be on Silicon_Valley-CA streets too.
Here is a link of the Proterra e-bus models with specs:
https://www.proterra.com/products/catalyst-40ft/

BTW, not too far from Facebook HQ (Menlo Park, next to Palo Alto) is one of
too-many building booms (like we really need more expensive density of
people, housing, and offices - not!). Across the street from a not-too-old a
Porsche dealership built on cheaper salty-gray-silt bayland soil, is new
high density housing construction. Which is around the corner an old bus
maintenance shop that services the hybrid Stanford Marguerite Shuttle buses
(StanfordU's own bus service). According to the wiki page on Marguerite:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_Marguerite_Shuttle
Marguerite is the free shuttle service Stanford University offers to its
students, faculty, staff, and the general public to get around campus or
from campus to some off-campus locations such as [Shopping Centers,
Hospitals], Stanford Linear Accelerator (SLAC) ...

Marguerite has also acquired hybrid and all-electric buses (total fleet as
of June 2015 was 79 buses of which 13 were all-electric and 5 were hybrid).

The Marguerite shuttle is named for the four horse bus also called
Marguerite run by Jasper Paulsen in the earliest days of the university; it
initially cost 10 cents for students, 15 cents for others though the fare
was later raised to 25 cents for everyone.
[links
http://www.in2013dollars.com/1890-dollars-in-2016?amount=0.25
$0.25 in 1890 → $6.32 in 2016

http://www.vta.org/getting-around/fares
Single Ride - $2 ...

images
https://transportation.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/inline-images/margueritte%20wagon.jpg
(4horse bus)  The first Marguerite shuttle in front of the Quad (1890's)
Photo: Stanford University Archives

https://transportation.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/styles/home_promotional_image_small/public/2016-08/Electric%20Buses_09.jpg?itok=h6aI8xTb
(Electric bus)  About the Commute Club | Stanford Parking & Transportation
Services - Stanford University
Marguerite bus and Caltrain train at Palo Alto Transit Center
]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}