Danny sez >It was an article posted on this forum. I will look for it.
>> And despite the fact that GM specifically said this was a compliance car
>> and had no intention of selling this in other states.<

Hopefully Danny can find what he was referencing to.
My quickie evdl nabble archive search gave:

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-pre-Bolt-gt-30k-compliance-car-relys-on-Lyft-Uber-sales-4recompense-td4679883.html
EVLN: pre-Bolt> ?$30k compliance-car,relys on Lyft/Uber sales 4recompense?
Jan 18, 2016 ... General Motors said its 2017 Chevy Bolt would not be
production limited and is “not a compliance car.” ... statement was not a
boast but was part of an answer to whether GM was making the Bolt mainly to
satisfy regulators while not able to market and sell it in volume. At the
same time he declined to make any specific sales projections, what the
maximum production capacity might be, or define a demand tipping point that
would require further investments ...

[dated]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/GM-Killed-The-Bolt-Electric-Car-GM-only-selling-Bolt-in-CA-amp-OR-td4684542.html
GM Killed The (Bolt) Electric Car : GM only selling Bolt in CA&OR ...
Nov 19, 2016 ... When GM spokesperson Michelle Malcho told the Wall Street
Journal this past week that deliveries were still on for California and
Oregon in 2016 and that other states will have to wait for a slow rollout of
limited inventory during 2017, it became clear that the General’s launch
plans had changed ...

As Electrek posited, perhaps the change is due to production issues. But it
might be ZEV-related. The deliveries first to California and Oregon, both
with Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV) mandates, raise questions about the Bolt
EV being a “compliance car,” not really a mass market vehicle ...

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-GM-only-selling-Bolt-in-CA-amp-OR-gt-Smells-bad-like-GM-s-old-90-s-bait-n-switch-game-td4684538.html
EVLN: GM only selling Bolt in CA&OR>(Smells bad like GM's old 90's
bait-n-switch game)
Nov 19, 2016 ... Since all of GM’s all-electric cars have so far been
compliance cars produced only to comply with ZEV mandates, it wasn’t
out-of-bounds for people to doubt them (myself included) when they announced
that the Chevy Bolt EV will be available in all 50 states at launch.

It now looks like we were right to doubt them since after months of
weakening their language about the launch, GM has now made it clear that
only California and Oregon will get the Bolt in 2016, and the rest of the US
will see a “slow flow” throughout 2017 ...

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-34k-200mi-GM-Bolt-EV-production-starts-gt-will-go-on-sale-in-CA-amp-OR-before-2017-td4684415.html
EVLN: $34k 200mi GM Bolt EV production starts> will go on sale in CA& OR
before 2017
Nov 11, 2016 ... auto industry analyst for IHS Markit ... predicts that GM
will sell just under 30,000 Bolts in the first year ...

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-1st-GM-Bolt-EVs-go-to-CA-amp-OR-dealerships-td4684107.html
EVLN: 1st GM Bolt EVs go to CA & OR dealerships
Oct 17, 2016 ... the first Bolts will go to "Bolt EV-certified dealers" in
California and Oregon. "We'll work to satisfy nationwide demand as quickly
as possible as we ramp up production," he told AutoblogGreen on Monday,
adding that the car will be available in all 50 states. Ligouri didn't give
a timetable for when the Bolt would officially go on sale nationwide ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}