Roger's response is correct as there is a definition of the term.
But I am talking about what humans do, not an academic (funkandwagnalls.com)
definition [
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Funk%20and%20Wagnall
]. Humans take a word or phrase and change its use over time (as in
urbandictionary.com or a slang use has changed what the term now means).

So, the less informed as Roger (people in the public, EVnoobs), would hear
the phrase 'compliance car' without initially & truly understanding what it
means, & just surmise (pick-up) that it is a not a positive thing. I would
hope that those EVnoobs would later do the diligence (the proper research
work to know what the actual definition of 'compliance car' is as well as
Roger knows).

But sadly, today's public is beyond skimming (meaning, they short-cut their
way through life), without actually reading throughly, or doing proper
digging to know what words, phrases, terms, etc. actually are.

Though I am not focusing on dissing this type of person, I am acknowledging
that they have become a larger and larger percentage of the population that
EVangels have to work at communicating with when out talking to the public.

This thread has already had some responses of what member's 'think' or
'feel' a 'compliance car' is (or is not). This is what I was seeking, as it
would likely reflect what EVangels will encounter out in the wild.

This is not to say that a 'compliance car' is a totally bad thing to drive.
My focus is ensuring that people know the strengths and weaknesses of what
production EVs are available, whether they actually are a 'compliance car'
(as Roger reminded us), or are being labeled a 'compliance car' by people's
ever-evolving definitions.

As posted, a perfectly viable EV that Roger would not define as a
'compliance car', might be considered by many as a 'compliance car' because
it does not have (normal) "ads on TV", etc. like the way ice cars have.
ice-car advertising and column reviews are what we consciously or
subconsciously considered as 'normal'. Any item trying to be sold without
using that method, will be considered less or unworthy of consideration,
etc.

If anyone has not posted their view on what they 'think' or 'feel' a
'compliance car' is, I ask that you do, for the record. As our evdl Sys
Admin recently pointed out, my EVLN work is archived in the hopes that it
serves many purposes, one of which is an archived record for future
researchers to glean. The same goes for what members post on this topic.
This is a point in time that is unique (not 2010, and not the future, etc.).
My thanks to all that participated :-)

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}