Hi Rush,
Indeed, they seem to ask about the EV (VIN number) and PG&E account
number, but not EVSE installation, because it is perfectly possible to
use an EV without having an *installed* EVSE at your home - either by
plugging the portable "trickle charger" into a 110V outlet as long as
the car is parked or by using charging away from your home.

Still there are EV'ers that cannot get the rebate, even while living in
their home in PG&E land and driving an EV: those who are not recognised
as (individual) residential customers. For example, I live in a park
that has one (or a few, probably one per transformer) meters and one
overall PG&E account, each home is sub-metered but those are read by the
park and billed (with PG&E rates, by law) on our monthly invoice from
the park, but as far as I know nobody here has an individual residential
PG&E account - just an account with the park. There are dozens of EV
here, but none will be able to get the rebate simply because they do not
have a *PG&E meter* even though they are paying PG&E for their
residential EV charging....

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.