On a referral, I went to a (SF peninsula) Dr.'s office to set up an appt. On
the way in, I saw mounted on a tall (patients only) parking sign pole a EMW
Juicebox 40 Pro 10kW EVSE. It looked like it had been there for some time,
as the exterior was a little faded, and the lock on the small breaker box
mounted below it that fed the EVSE showed rust. So, someone must have had
paid an Electrician to come out and install it there a year+ ago. It is not
the current 40 pro model, perhaps last year's, and looks similar to [
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JENJBLwPL.jpg
 ].

After filling out and turning in the myriad of patient forms to the front
desk, and getting my appointment for next week, I asked about the EVSE I
saw. She (the receptionist) said it was the Dr's, that he drives a Tesla,
but it (the EVSE) is not working.

She was a little EV interested for her boss' sake, but not much beyond that.
So, I did not prod her for more detail (like what was wrong, is the EVSE
broken, what model Tesla: S, X, Roadster, etc.). I will have to wait until
my appt. find that out.

In the meantime, I thought I would explore what the repairing of that older
version of 40 Pro would involve.
I'll assume its repair would need an Electrician to remove it from the pole
and get it to EMW:
https://emotorwerks.com/products/juicebox
846 Bransten Rd San Carlos, CA 94070  1-844-584-2329  i...@emotorwerks.com

I called them and selected support from their voice menu tree, only getting
their voice mail (understandable since it is Sat.). I am hoping they shoot
me an email with their details before Mon early morn.

A resolve of any kind will include the cost of having an Electrician come do
the work. Since the cost of EVSE has dropped, it might be more overall cost
effective to just replace it with a 6kW EVSE(?).

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-EV-Charger-Indoor-Outdoor-Level-2-DuraStation-Wall-Mount-with-18-ft-Cord-EVDSWGH-CP01/205808537?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-VF-PLA-D27E-Electrical%7c&gclid=CJzymaDNiNICFcRgfgodLKQNzQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
$400 6kW DuraStation Wall Mount with 18 ft. Cord

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duosida-32Amp-240-Volt-ZenCar-Electric-Car-Charger-EV-EVSE-Level-2-7-Plus-kWh-/322417483409?hash=item4b11945e91:g:OsAAAOSw9GhYkz4I&vxp=mtr
$400 6kW Duosida 32Amp 240 Volt Charger

https://store.clippercreek.com/hcs-40-hcs-40p-ev-charging-station?gclid=CO7vxorNiNICFYhbfgodrqwE6w
$565  HCS-40, 32 Amp Level 2 EVSE, 240V, with 25 ft cable

If anyone has some experience with EMW product repairs or has views on this,
pls let me know.

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}