My first EV which is call Transformer I that I received from the Electric Fuel
Propulsion company in Troy Michigan back in 1977, had a option of a generator
that was on a very stream line trailer, that can be control by the passenger or
by the generator control panel.

This EV weigh 7800 lbs with 90 each 300 ah 2.2 V lead cobalt cells that weigh
3000 lbs.  This EV had a range of 83 miles at 75 mph.  The generator was a 37.5
Kw three phase delta, 250 /125 vac circuit breaker at 100 amp.

These generator sets were normally job site generators that this company made.
For EV use, they rectifier it to 236 vdc at 100 amp maximum.  With a set of
transfer contactors,  they could run the EV motor it self or charge the battery
pack.

The generator is a 3 phase alternator run by a 4 cylinder diesel engine.  Can
drive the EV about 500 miles.  This unit weight came in at 9200 lbs.

I did not purchase one, because I do not travel over 100 miles on the week end
up a mountain on the week end to go skiing.

For me it was not cost effected to spend over $60,000.00 at that time to go
skiing once a week.

Roland