[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/How-to-get-a-EMW-Juicebox-40-pro-EVSE-working-again-tp4685729.html
]

I have already contacted the three Electricians EMW had given me. They
expressed the Dr's Redwood City site was a long distance for them (out of
their normal territory).

I remembered that the Silicon Valley EAA Chapter member Electrician that
helps set up the Chapter's NDEW connections at De Anza College, is based out
of Aptos (Santa Cruz) area, so that also is out of his normal turf (so I did
not bother him).

I joined the Silicon Valley EAA's yahoo discussion group, but there is no
telling how long the group's owner will take to enable my membership
(allowing me to post). So, I sent the owner my post requesting members send
me what qualified Electricians they know.

Since I have no idea how long that will take, I am placing this post on the
evdl requesting assistance of SF area locals that know of an EVSE qualified
Electrician they feel good about recommending that is interested in doing
work on the SF Peninsula (i.e.: a Redwood City job).

The former Electrician that had originally installed the Dr's EMW 40 pro
EVSE incorrectly set the Dr up to use the breaker in the small breaker box
at the bottom of the parking sign pole, to turn the EVSE power on and off.
Weathering, and repeated powering on and off the breaker, made the breaker
wear-out and stop providing power to the EVSE (its dead-Jim). So there is a
good chance the EMW EVSE is OK, it just has no AC power, but some
Electrician corrections are needed to this setup (from cheap-n-cheesy, to
up-to-code)

When on site, the Electrician will decide what is best, but their
Electrician task may require:

-applying AC power to the existing parking-lot pole-mounted EMW 40 pro j1772
EVSE to ensure it is working (if not, taking the EVSE to nearby San Carlos
EMW for a repair estimate, and also getting a price quote of a CS-40
ClipperCreek outdoor EVSE to just replace the defective EMW 40 pro that is
out of warranty (the Dr. deciding which, as it is the Dr. will have to cover
either, a repair, or replacement cost)

-the Electrician will need to rewire, revamp the setup (hopefully moving
some electrical equipment items indoors near the building's power panel if
possible leaving only the EVSE outdoors), adding a safety switch to the set
up so the Dr. will use the safety switch to turn AC power to the EVSE on and
off.

-lastly the ordering and installing of a j1772 holster on the pole to make
it easy to secure the coupler, keeping it dry, clean, and off the ground.

The end goal is to have the Dr. plug in the Tesla EV when arriving at work,
go in the building to flip the safety switch to on, and the Dr's app will
show the EVSE charging his EV. When he is ready to leave, he turns the
safety switch to off, shutting off AC power to the EVSE (no outside EVSE
moochers), unplugs and leaves.

Either shoot me an email with the Electrician's contact detail directly, or
post it here.

The time on this is needed soon as I would like to hook that Dr. up with the
Electrician (taking myself out of the loop) to let that Dr. be able to once
again L2 charge his Tesla-S 85 EV at work.

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}