From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Lawrence Rhodes
via EV
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 12:08 PM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org; ev-requ...@lists.evdl.org
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Hanergy.com?solar vehicles may not happen ...

You can't use standard heavy panels.  You must use cells configured
properly and self encapsulate using special plastic heat shrink and a hot
air gun. They must be integrated into the roof of the vehicle.  I've seen
it done.  This is much lighter and makes for a working solar vehicle.
Encapsulation must be done or the cells will degrade in the natural
environment.  It is also more aerodynamic to use special encapsulation. A
practical solar vehicle can be manufactured.  It's just a matter of time
before it's done. Tesla sponsors the Cruiser class at the World Solar
Challenge.  A future Tesla solar vehicle I bet is in the planning stages.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Many top Tesla people were on the Stanford
Solar Team.
http://sinovoltaics.com/technology/stella-lux-winner-of-world-solar-challe
nge-visits-shanghai/   Lawrence Rhodes