From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Robert Bruninga via EV
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 12:52 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: [EVDL] Flooring it...

In giving people test drives in my new (2013) volt, I just realizewd something.

I tell people to FLOOR it, even in the neighborhood just to feel the
acceleration.  But they are very hesitant even though I only want them to feel
the acceperation for a second or two, not to achieve high speed.

But we are so used to the NOISE that a gas car makes when we floor it, that we
are self conscious about the noise and the adverse attention that “flooring it”
would bring  in an inappropriate situation.

But with the EV, there is NO NOISE.  So even a bystander would not notice
particularly…

Anyway, just an observation about human nature (and how we have unconscious
conceptions from a century of gas guzzlers that we don’t realize are so much a
part of us.)

Bob