From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Cor van de Water via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 6:11:47 PM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Subject: [EVDL] Weird Nissan Leaf behavior: 3rd charging light blinks after new
pack install: cold weather package...

OK, I did something to my Leaf that I need to get fixed, because now the
Leaf is charging the 12V battery whenever the car should be asleep,

as a result it is losing charge from the main pack.

It started two days ago when I removed the new (warranty replacement
battery) from this 2012 Leaf SL with cold weather package.

I do not know why it has a cold weather package, being in California it
never gets below freezing in a car so a cold weather package is quite
odd, but anyhow.

I installed a 2011 battery, apparently without cold weather package
knowledge in the LBC.

Since then, every time the car is supposed to sleep, it starts blinking
the 3rd charging LED and is actually charging the 12V battery to 14.4V
continuously,

resulting in 1 mile range loss every hour.

Anybody have a clue how to get the car to stop being confused about the
cold weather package?

Does the LBC need to be reprogrammed? I can modify the configuration
(serial) memory of the LBC, if I know what to change.

Or should I have the car's computer reprogrammed to tell it to forget
about the cold weather package? I do not need it!

Don't really want to pull the 12V battery contact off every time I want
to park the car more than a day and the energy loss

is quite a waste as well...

Any Leaf experts out there?
Cor.

BTW, the model nrs of the new 2017 battery that I removed and the 2011
battery that I installed:

2017 battery: 295B09RB9D

2011 battery: 295B03NA0A