On 15 Jul 2017 at 15:30, Cor van de Water via EV wrote:

> Let's stop the name calling right here.

I think the poster was disparaging the article's writer, not Peri.

However, I have to agree with Cor that ad hominem attacks -- no matter where
they're directed -- are more a reflection on the attacker than on the person
being attacked.

That said, it's a sad reality that the state of journalism has declined over
the years. Too many editors assign stories to reporters who don't have
adequate background in the subjects, and the reporters often don't take (or
aren't given) enough time for sufficient background research.  Then readers
/ viewers / listeners end up misinformed.

Positive press for EVs is obviously a good thing, but the Seattle Times is a
newspaper with a long and distinguished history.  It's surprising and
disheartening to see the errors in this story.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator