http://evertiq.com/news/42548
Navya set to open first US production plant
September 13, 2017

[image
http://static.evertiq.com/th/c738x300nimgautomotiveNavya_car.jpg
]

French electric vehicle company Navya – along with project collaborators
Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) and Ann Arbor SPARK –
announce that its Michigan plant will be located in the city of Saline,
Michigan with a 20’000 square feet facility.

Navya plans to build approximately 25 of its ARMA fully autonomous shuttle
vehicles at the plant before the close of 2017. With the addition of its new
plant in Saline the company will be able to boost production significantly
to serve the growing North American market.

“We at Navya could not be more pleased to call Saline, Michigan home to our
first assembly plant in North America. As the greater Ann Arbor area
continues to establish itself as a hub for autonomous vehicle development,
we feel it’s the perfect location for us. Strong government and community
support for mobility initiatives combined with an excellent talent pool
provide the ideal environment for our expansion in North America,” said
Navya CEO Christophe Sapet.

The project is expected to generate a total capital investment of more than
USD 1 million and create 50 jobs, resulting in a USD 435’000 Michigan
Business Development performance-based grant.
[© 2017 Evertiq New Media]
navya.tech/
Navya-100 % autonomous and electric
An electric, intelligent and autonomous shuttle at the service of mobility »
Launched in October 2015, the NAVYA ARMA is 100 % electric and autonomous.
https://www.linkedin.com/company/navya-technologyNAVYA, created in 2014, is
a French company and leading name in the development of innovative, smart
and sustainable mobility solutions. NAVYA develops ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/