https://onlymotors.com/tesla-truck/
Electric truck handles like sports car
2017-09-15  Phil Lanning

[image
https://i0.wp.com/onlymotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/elon-musk-ted-2017-the-boring-company-pitch.jpeg
Elon Musk at TED2017
]

OMG HGV! Tesla are building an electric truck that will handle like a SPORTS
CAR.

Tesla has confirmed it will release a new all-electric truck on October 26th
in Hawthorne, California.

Company CEO Elon Musk has described the upcoming Semi truck as a “beast”.

In a tweet, Musk also described the Semi as “unreal” and confirmed that test
drives would be taking place at the launch event in Hawthorne next month.

Further information is thin on the ground but it will do long distances.

Musk said: “This is a heavy duty, long-range semi-truck. If you had a tug of
war competition, the Tesla semi would tug the diesel semi… uphill.”

After driving a prototype “around the parking lot”, Musk also revealed that
his new creation will be “a very spry truck – you could drive this around
like a sports car. It’s really weird, because you’re so nimble.”

Autonomous functions are coming, too, but reportedly won’t be available from
initial launch.

And from looking at the teaser image, it’s going to be the sexiest truck in
the world.

There’s a sentence I never thought I’d write…
[© onlymotors.com]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/