From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of brucedp5 via EV
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:38 PM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: brucedp5
Subject: [EVDL] EVLN: Her 2day Atlanta-GA to Asheville-NC Bolt EV
Experience> (waiting on L2= bummer)

% Bottom line: she has chosen a reactive life-style (on a moment's 24x7
notice: go here, there, anywhere; i.e. media writers, police, ambulance,
etc.). Selfish immature thinking has her continue to be the cause of
her/family/friends child's asthma, or other forms of petroleum-poisoning
(for profit and fun), & not want to protect the planet.
For this writer, she should not have made the trip if it didn't only use
level-3 EVSE quick-charging. Her impatience while waiting on slower level-2
charging, tainted her opinions/views.
She should stick to only writing about ice (gas-cars). %

http://www.talkingwithtami.com/my-experience-in-the-all-new-chevy-bolt-ev
My Experience In The All-New Chevy Bolt EV September 18, 2017  Tami Reed

[images
http://www.talkingwithtami.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/FullSizeRender_6.jpg

http://www.talkingwithtami.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/FullSizeRender_7.jpg

http://www.talkingwithtami.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/21728083_10155901311762868_6210505052259163067_n.jpg
My boo Jennifer got the keys, she is ready to go!

http://www.talkingwithtami.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/FullSizeRender_2-copy-2.jpg
The fleet of Bolt Chevys!

http://www.talkingwithtami.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/FullSizeRender-copy-2.jpg
This was my Chevy Bolt we affectionately named her “LoLa” lol

http://www.talkingwithtami.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/FullSizeRender_9.jpg
Like any other vehicle, you have to get to know the car. We learned early on
that keeping the speed at around 65 to 70 MPH saves lots of energy ]

It’s not everyday that you get a really cool email from a brand asking you
to do something kinda out of the norm lol. I opened my email a few months
ago and to my surprise, it was from Chevrolet! I have never personally
worked with Chevy although I love reviewing all vehicles but this particular
car brand I had never tried. So I was pleasantly surprised when they asked
me if I would like to join them in a two-day drive from Atlanta, Ga to
Asheville, North Carolina in the new Chevy Bolt EV! This car was named 2017
North American Car of the Year, I was excited and intrigued to learn more
about it!

Friday morning, me and 5 other car bloggers/influencers that were hand
selected, made our way to downtown Atlanta to the Hilton hotel for a welcome
breakfast. We had a brief brand presentation and a walk through with the
Chevy Bolt Ev and the key features. They also gave us a few apps to download
to make our experience a little more easier with charge up stations along
the way. After the presentation, that was pretty much it and we were on our
way! I decided early on to take my “blogger buddy” Jennifer Jones (Fiddle
Dee Dee) with me and make it a fun “girls road trip”. Me and Jennifer have
been friends for years and she is very familiar with the area we were headed
to. She’s also an amazing photographer and I knew she would enjoy the
experience with me.

Key Features:

 - 238-Mile Battery Range
 - Regen On Demand
 - One Pedal Driving
 - Surround Vision
 - Apple Car Play/Android Auto
 - 4G LTE Wifi
 - My Chevrolet Mobile App

To find out more info click here The Chevy Bolt EV starts at $37,495

Our first charge up was in Greenville, South Carolina. It took about 4 hrs
to fully charge the vehicle, so we had lunch at the Hilton hotel and went
shopping at the local mall. I’m not really a gadget person at all but it was
very easy to plug in. I was very impressed at how easy it was!

Charging:

 - The fastest way to recharge your battery at home (professional
Installation required)
 - Offers more power than the standard 120-volt outlet
 - Can provide up to 25 miles of range per hour of charge time
 - Bolt EV offers DC Fast Charging capability
 - Provides up to 90 miles of range in about 30 minutes of charge time
 - DC Fast Charging stations are available for public use
 - Program your charge settings whether you’re home or away
 - Using the GPS signal in the car, Bolt EV will know when you’re home and
will activate according to your preset times. If you’re somewhere else, Bolt
EV will know to charge immediately
 - Delay charging until utility rates are at their lowest, which is usually
at night while you sleep

My Likes:

 - The car was very roomy and fully equipped with everything! Very easy to
drive and handled well. I really enjoyed it!
 - It had a lot of punch to it, not that golf cart feel like most electric
cars.
 - I truly loved that the car had wifi! Driving in the mountains or through
different small towns, sometimes you lose your signal etc but we never lost
contact!
 - I liked the style and design of the small wagon, great for outdoor
activities like hiking or camping.
 - It is EXTREMELY quiet and we had to keep checking for the first few hours
of having it, to make sure it was on LOL!
 - I loved the feeling that I was being “green”. With all the hurricanes and
global warming occurring now, you feel like you are doing your part.
 - I actually met an owner of the same vehicle I had at a charging station
by (Mall of Ga) and she raved about the car and said it’s great for city
driving and had a lot of places to charge in the Atlanta area.

My Dislikes:

 - When using an electric car, it’s important to keep a few factors in mind
including the temperature outside, driving speed, use of AC/heat, etc.
Extreme heat or cold temperatures, how much you use the heat/AC, etc. can
affect the available mile range just like it would in a gas car, but with an
electric car, you a bit more anxious because chargers are not as prevalent
as gas stations. It was 90 degrees on the day I drove to Asheville so I
wanted to charge up the battery half way through our journey just to make
sure we wouldn’t have range anxiety as we head closer to our destination. It
did take a bit longer than expected as we found a level 2 charger through
the PlugShare app which gives the car 25 miles per hour on the charger.
Since we still had a ways to get to Asheville and it was pretty hot outside,
I stayed at the charger until we were fully charged which took longer than I
had planned.

 -  Along my route, it was easier to find Level 2 chargers than Level 3
chargers, the latter of which is much more efficient at 90 miles per hour on
the charger.

 - Sometimes charge stations were in full use once you found one on your
“plug share” app. So you had to wait additional time to charge up. Most
charge stations have a fee as well. Also, some charge stations don’t allow
you to charge at the same time as another person, so you have to come
back(hopefully with enough charge) or wait it out. I found this to be very
annoying.

 - If you are a green person, by all means this Chevy Bolt Ev would be the
perfect car for you, if you are into green living. For me and my fast-paced
life, this vehicle does not work for me. I’m a city girl and I’m constantly
on the go, this car just does not fit into my lifestyle.

Overall, I found the whole experience to be very eye-opening. I enjoyed
learning about the Chevy Bolt EV, test-driving the vehicle and visiting a
“green city” that I’ve never been to before. It took me out of my comfort
zone and I tried something totally different. Again, it’s a great electric
car if this is your lifestyle but it’s not for me. Maybe if I lived in a
smaller city with less traffic and chaos this car would work out but for
right now, I don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon lol. It was a pleasure
to work with Chevrolet and I would like thank them for making memories with
me and including me on this amazing adventure, till next time! xoxo [© 2017
Talking With Tami] ...
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/bummer
bummer  noun - a situation or event that is unpleasant or disappointing:
Waiting all day at the airport is a real bummer.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bummer

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/