http://www.itel.am/en/news/9362
DigiTec exhibits an electric car assembled in Armenia
29.09.17  Mediamax

[images
http://www.itel.am/datas/znews/big_/2017/09/29/59ce13ee618655.93757772.jpg

http://www.itel.am/datas/znews/big_/2017/09/29/59ce13ee610f81.31659589.jpg
]

The 13th annual DigiTec tech expo opened today in Yerevan, featuring an
electric car assembled in Armenia and a system for design and testing of
self-driving cars.

The project is implemented by the Engineering City.

Project Manager at National Instruments Ruben Simonyan told Itel.am they
present two areas of focus: electric cars and solutions for self-driving
cars.

“The whole world is working on that and we should do the same in Armenia. We
need to increase the number of electric cars and the percentage of
self-driving or driver assistance systems. We’re exhibiting the electric car
we assembled in Armenia. Essentially, it’s a continuation of our engineering
culture. This isn’t a novelty. The first electric car was assembled in
Armenia back in 1975. Now we should extend that culture,” said Ruben
Simonyan.

The displayed car is equipped with devices that help the driver orientate in
the car, such as radar, camera, and laser equipment. The sensors weren’t
produced in Armenia, National Instruments worked on design and testing of
the entire system.

According to Ruben Simonyan, their solution allows algorithm-based testing
in laboratory conditions.

“To make sure that the car will operate smoothly in different situations,
you need to drive millions of kilometers. Producers used to do exactly that
and some of them still do. But that requires too much time and expenses,
which affects the car’s price. Our testing doesn’t require driving millions
of kilometers in specialized areas. We can simulate the same scenario for
several times to make sure the system’s working fine,” explained Ruben
Simonyan.

A team of around 20 people worked on designing and testing the self-driving
car. They collaborated with a number of famous foreign companies.

The Engineering City is the turning point in development of high tech in
Armenia, a product of public-private cooperation, aimed at making Armenia an
engineering research center and a forge of unique solutions and products in
the region.
[© Mediamax]

http://asbarez.com/167088/armenian-made-electric-car-presented-at-digitec-tech-expo/
Armenian Made Electric Car Presented at DigiTec Tech Expo
September 29, 2017

[image
http://asbarez.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Armenian-electronic-car.jpg
The Armenian made self-driving, electric car at the Digitec tech expo
(Photo: Photolure)
]

YEREVAN – An Armenian made electric car was presented today at the 2017
DigiTec tech expo, which opened earlier in Yerevan. The self-driving,
electric powered car was assembled in Armenia by National Instruments and
Armenian engineers.

It was revealed at the “Engineering city” pavilion, which is an exhibition
that also featured different engineering and manufacturing devices to
support the vehicle operation, including radars, cameras, and laser scans.

Gurgen Mardoyan, a member of the engineering team that developed the
concept, hopes the time will come for its serial production in Armenia.

“Today we witness a revolution in the automotive industry,” said Mardoyan
according to the Public Radio of Armenia. “This is a period when new
organizations that offer innovative products have a chance to proceed.”

Meanwhile, Ruben Simonyan, a representative of National Instruments, stated
that Armenian carmakers have been inspired by the design of the modern-day
electric vehicles since the 1970s. He also explained that car making is
nothing new in Armenia and began with the first electric car that was
manufactured in 1975.

According to Simonyan, National Instruments has two areas of concentration –
the development of electric cars and self-driving cars.

“The whole world is working on that and we should do the same in Armenia,”
Simonyan told Yerevan based Intel.am. ““We have both the knowledge and
potential.”

The car is equipped with several driver assist devices including radars,
cameras, and laser equipment. Though the sensors weren’t produced in
Armenia, National Instruments worked on the design and testing of the entire
system.

A team of around 20 people worked on designing and testing the self-driving
car. They collaborated with a number of famous foreign companies.

The 13th annual international DigiTec tech expo opened with a ceremony
attended by President Serzh Sarkisian. The exhibition will be held from
September 29-October 1 and will feature the products and services of
Armenian tech companies, the innovative ideas of young children, and the
market trends.
[© Asbarez]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/