http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1113176_old-nissan-leaf-vs-new-chevrolet-bolt-ev-owners-weigh-in
Old Nissan Leaf vs new Chevrolet Bolt EV: owners weigh in
Oct 10, 2017  Sebastian Blanco

[images
https://images.hgmsites.net/med/2015-nissan-leaf-s_100548740_m.jpg
2015 Nissan Leaf, Denver, Colorado, Mar 2016 / Andrew Ganz

https://images.hgmsites.net/med/2017-chevrolet-bolt-ev-electric-car-at-evgo-fast-charging-station-newport-centre-jersey-city-nj_100597111_m.jpg
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV electric car at EVgo fast-charging station, Newport
Centre, Jersey City, NJ

https://images.hgmsites.net/med/2017-nissan-leaf_100581918_m.jpg
2017 Nissan Leaf
]

Sometimes, the best information comes straight from the horseless
carriage-owner’s mouth.

If you want to learn just how good or bad an electric vehicle is, it makes
sense to ask people who live with and drive them every day.

In the case of the first-gen Nissan Leaf and the Chevy Bolt EV, a number of
owners have been sharing their experiences online, and it looks like there’s
good and bad to report – just like there have been with every car ever.

David Fox was a Leaf owner for three years, but has really grown to love his
new Bolt EV after putting 1,700 miles on it.

He describes the acceleration as “perfect,” even though his long history as
a Prius driver means he rarely flat-out floors it.

The other source of joy in the Bolt is the one-pedal driving. Chevy has made
the strong regen levels available in the Bolt a selling point, and it’s
apparently worked on Fox, who calls it his “favorite feature.”

All of the extra fun behind the wheel is enhanced – no surprise here – by
the increased range. Instead of worrying about running out of battery power
during a 70-mile drive, Fox was happy that he could make the trip without
any sort worry, even when leaving home with a less-than-full pack.

It’s not all sunshine and roses, though, with the thin seats and
questionable suspension capabilities being the main problem points. The
suspension is an issue that has received a fair bit of attention from other
drivers, so it’s something to consider when making your own test drive.

As for the seats, other people who’ve taken the Bolt EV for a test drive or
own one seem to agree that it really depends on your size if they’re
comfortable or not (the larger you are, the less comfortable they are, in
general). Most people declare them fine, but if you’re really unhappy, there
are some aftermarket options to make them more comfortable.

In the end, Fox is a fan. “All in all, we're really happy with the (Bolt
EV),” he wrote. “I definitely liked the Leaf's seats and softer interior
finish, and definitely its ride (and our Prius's) more than the Bolts. But
we're already getting used to this.”

For the full details, check out Fox’s post on Facebook [
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayLeafs/permalink/1505303119527344/?comment_id=1506740109383645&reply_comment_id=1507416605982662&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22%7D
] and our own comparison between the new Leaf and the Bolt EV [
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1112882_2018-nissan-leaf-vs-chevrolet-bolt-ev-new-electric-cars-compared
] ... [© 2017 Green Car Reports]
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1112882_2018-nissan-leaf-vs-chevrolet-bolt-ev-new-electric-cars-compared
2018 Nissan Leaf squares off against 2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}