I may be interested in the two 24 volt ones. (Investigating a 24 volt inverter backup power system.)

How many cells/Ah/kW are they?

How does Fastenal shipping work? I'm very close to their Winter Garden FL location, although I could make the drive to Tampa.

Jay

On 10/26/2017 07:29 PM, jerry freedomev via EV wrote:

Hi Fred and All,    Volt are excellent modules but taking them apart is not
wise as needs cooling flow and compression plus end plates, hard to seal back
together, cell damage if not compressed on charging.So smallest module you get
is 4kwh, 2 48vdc sections  at 100lbs is how I'm doing my E trike pickup I
recently converted from lead.Though I sell these on the EV Trading Post at
$150/kwh complete modules only, likely the Leaf modules will be better at less
than half the weight for the amount you need..Unless 100lbs is good then Volt's
are lower cost, better power, longer lasting.Most want $200/kwh on ebay for
Leaf modules though haven't checked in a few months as I can get Volt packs
locally for less. Jerry Dycus

       From: fred via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
  To: via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: fred <fred_do...@yahoo.com>
  Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:30 PM
  Subject: [EVDL] Volts or Leafs or ?
I managed to squeeze four and a half years from the original VRSLA battery pack. I tend to the conservative side when using such technology and having a CycleAnalyst installed allowed me to keep a sharp eye on our Ariens Amp electric riding mower. The replacement pack, same stuff, purchased online has now crapped out on me after only two years.
I've been reading on this list of folks using Leaf modules and did a search on
eBay for the same. I need 48v and desire about 40 ah capacity to replace the 75
ah capacity of the pb pack. I know from experience that a lead pack is only
good for half the rating (c/20) in the real world and with the Peukert effect
in mind, 40 ah should equal or excel the original pack capacity.
I was surprised to see that Volt modules are 48v and have a healthy 47 ah
capacity. The price of a used Volt module @US$325 comes in a good bit lower
than the US$600+ figure of the lead pack. I'd have to purchase a 6a charger for
a hundred dollars but that's still a better deal than sticking with lead.
The links are:2011 Chevy Volt Battery 2kWh 48V Li-ion pack | eBayVeriBest 48V
6A Lithium Battery Charger
The VeriBest references specifying Manganese chemistry, as the default is for
LiFePO4.
Even if the Volt battery won't fit under the seat where the old lead pack rode,
I can still bolt it on the motor deck like Mr. Fusion from Back to the Future
if I have to. On the other hand, does anyone know if the Volt module can be
segmented and connected with jumpers?
I would very much appreciate anyone's observations regarding this conversion.
fred

| $99.99 |  |

|  |
VeriBest 48V 6A Lithium Battery Charger

Veribest Lithium Battery Chargers have been tested against the industry's best
by an independent lab and judged ...

| $275.00 |  |

|  |
2011 Chevy Volt Battery 2kWh 48V Li-ion pack | eBay

12 cells in series. Number of cells 36. Construction 12 in-series x 3 in
parallel. CELL SPECIFICATIONS. Cell typ...