https://auto.ndtv.com/news/mahindra-electric-to-play-key-role-in-ssangyongs-electric-vehicle-plans-1785884
Mahindra Electric To Play Key Role In SsangYong's Electric Vehicle Plans
Dec 10, 2017  PTI

[image
https://i.ndtvimg.com/i/2017-10/mahindra-e-verito_827x510_61507714947.jpg
e-verito
]

Mahindra is working with SsangYong to electrify some of its products, and
will sell electric powertrains and parts to the South Korean manufacturer.

Mahindra Electric To Play Key Role In SsangYong's Electric Vehicle Plans
View Photos

Highlights
    Mahindra acquired majority stake in SsangYong in 2010
    Mahindra Electric currently retails the e2o and e-Verito electric cars
    Mahindra has earmarked an investment of Rs. 600 crore for EV production

Mahindra & Mahindra, a leading player in electric vehicles in the country,
has now set eyes on electrification of some of the models of its South
Korean arm SsangYong Motor, a top company official said. The company, which
already sells electric vehicles like e-Verito and e2o, is also working to
develop electric three-wheelers using lithium ion battery. "Mahindra
Electric is working with SsangYong to electrify some of their products," the
company's CEO Mahesh Babu told. Mahindra Electric, the manufacturer of
electric vehicles of the diversified USD 17.8 billion Mahindra Group, will
play a key role in electrification of existing products such as e- Verito
and e-Supro for Mahindra's auto division ...

"We will play a similar role for SsangYong," Babu said. Elaborating on the
SsangYong project, he said Mahindra Electric will sell some of the
powertrains and electric parts to the South Korean auto firm. "We will
supply some electric parts to them and also to Mahindra and they will sell
the cars," Babu said. Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) had inked a pact in 2010 to
acquire majority stake in SsangYong.

When asked about the company's strategy regarding electric vehicles in the
domestic market, Babu said: "We have now products in the mass market
segment...as part of our strategy going ahead we will get into new
technologies with higher power voltage powertrains and higher range
products". With already few electric products under its kitty, the company
will now focus at expanding its base on the back of new products with higher
range and performance, he added.

"We are now working to develop three wheelers based on lithium ion
batteries," Babu said. In September, the company had introduced e-rickshaw
-- e-Alpha Mini - to cater to last mile connectivity. M&M has earmarked an
investment of ₹ 600 crore over the next two-three years to expand its
electric vehicle production capacity from 500 to 5,000 units a month.

The capital will also be utilised to develop new technologies and come up
with infrastructure to produce battery components. The company is also
looking to ink joint ventures in the field of power electronics and motors.
When asked about the proposed joint ventures, Babu said: "The process is
going on. It hasn't yet concluded."
[© Fifth Gear Ventures 2017]

https://auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/passenger-vehicle/mahindra-electric-to-play-key-role-in-ssangyongs-electric-vehicles-drive/62007094
Mahindra Electric to play key role in SsangYong's electric vehicles ...
December 11, 2017  M&M has earmarked an investment of Rs 600 crore over the
next two-three years to expand its electric vehicle production capacity from
500 to 5,000 units a month. The capital will also be utilised to develop new
technologies and come up with infrastructure to produce battery components.
The company is also looking to ink ...
https://etimg.etb2bimg.com/photo/62016867.cms
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/mahindra-electric-to-play-key-role-in-ssangyongs-ev-drive/1/1106952.html
Mahindra Electric to play key role in SsangYongs EV drive
December 10, 2017  New Delhi, Dec 10 (PTI) Mahindra & Mahindra, a leading
player in electric vehicles in the country, has now set eyes on
electrification of some of the models of its South Korean arm SsangYong
Motor, a top company official said. The company, which already sells
electric vehicles like e-Verito and e2o, is also working to ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/