I think I've mentioned that an Ultravan from the 60's weights about the same as
a Nissan Leaf.  Putting the Leaf drive train in the Ultravan would be a good
retro mod.  With a 3kw solar array it would charge in 10 hours of sun.  However
it might not be the freeway runner the Leaf is at 22 feet long and 8 feet wide
although better than any RV.  Some mirror replacement and wheel well covering
might be needed. Possibly a better way might be a VW bus chopped down or even
better a purpose built body to put on the VW bus pan.  Weighing in at 1500
pounds with a 2kw solar array it would charge quickly and might even cruise at
25mph on the array alone on level ground.  I am trying to avoid building a
purpose built vehicle from the ground up.  Seems a daunting task.  I am
currently figuring out a design to put over my recumbent trike. 2kw battery 800
watt array.  It is all very scale-able. What I learn from the trike will help
with future projects.The current philosophy is more batteries.  I think
efficiency is a better way.   Lawrence Rhodes