>> A 2016 Survey by Ford showed that 85% of all EV owners
>> charged from clean solar or subscribed for 100% renewables
>> from their grid, or would when it was offered.

> That is such a crock -
> I'm talking about people paying extra to get "green" power.
>  All that means is people are stupid enough to pay extra
> for something that would have been there whether they paid for it or
not.
>  "Buying clean power" accomplishes nothing.

Wow.  That might be true in the what's-in-it-for-me approach to life.  But
in the what's-in-it-for-us approach, investing in clean energy, clean air
is good for everyone.

Taking that attitude to extreme, why pay for garbage pickup when one can
throw their trash in the nearest gully.  Why pay for city sewer when you
can just route it to the nearest stream.    Why bother with an ash tray
when you can just throw it out the window...  Bob