Nice clip; however, I could not help from noticing the trip was all downhill.
Makes one wonder ... did the CitiVan function?

From: EV <> on behalf of Bill Dennis via EV
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 3:45 PM
To: 'Electric Vehicle Discussion List'
Cc: Bill Dennis
Subject: [EVDL] Car of the Dystopian Future?

With the passing of Ursula Le Guin this week, I decided to watch the old PBS
"Lathe of Heaven" movie, which I haven't seen in decades.  Filmed in 1979,
the picture tells us that it's set "In the Near Future".  Lo and behold,
about 3/4 the way through the film, the protagonist jumps into a CitiCar and
zooms off.  Any old-timers on the list know anything about how the car ended
up in the film?  Here's a link to a clip from the film, complete with the
no-budget CGI hamburger-looking alien spaceships flying around:

▶ Full Video: Lathe of Heaven
Video player featuring videos from Kyle Feller

Bill Dennis

EVDL Subscription Information and Help<>
About the EVDL: The Electric Vehicle Discussion List, founded in 1991 by EV
enthusiast Clyde Visser, is an active and vital source of information and help
for people ...
EV -- Electric Vehicle Discussion List -
The Electric Vehicle Discussion List is a forum for discussing the current
state of the art and future direction of electric vehicles (EVs). We define an
EV as a ...

Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (

Yahoo! Groups<>