On 02/28/2018 12:49 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
On 28 Feb 2018 at 10:32, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

[The alleged carjacker] then attempted to drive away but couldnTMt
because he didnTMt know how to drive an electric car, according to the
document.

It said the owner of the car later told police, who were alerted at 11:10 a.m.
Saturday, that oehis vehicle cannot be driven like a normal vehicle and takes
some getting used to.

I'm calling BS on this one.

My uninformed guess (but no more uninformed than the writer of this piece)
is that the car had an RFID key fob, just as many ICEVs now have. The fob
was still in the driver's pocket, and the car refused to move because key
fob and driver were no longer in the car, much less in the driver's seat..

Ths stinks to the skies of the old anti-EV bias: "EVs are really WEIRD.
What normal person would ever want one?"

As an opposition view, I offer my first encounter with my first imiev. I bought it out of Dallas (200 miles north of me) and friends had met me about 60 miles south of Dallas. Several non-EV people drove it with no trouble whatsoever. In the middle of the night, I got in it to start the trip home. And couldn't get it started. Tried to read the manual in the dark but it made no sense to me. Finally got it started without realizing the trick. 30 miles later, another stop. Again I could not get it started. I finally figured out that it wanted to have it's key turned into spring pressure as if a starter motor was being cranked. I was used to driving a Tesla where no driver action is needed to start and a Leaf which rationally just needs a button to be pushed. I had pushed MANY buttons on that imiev! "Cranking" an EV was completely foreign to me but completely normal for ICE people. Don't ask my opinion of "creep".

Mitsubishi, in designing the first volume EV, had gone to great lengths to make it appear ICE like.

I can't tell you how many Tesla test drivers have asked how to turn it on.

Short story: EVs can be quite confusing to ICEheads and vice versa.