I agree.  I read the paper and I do not see anything new except a single chip
solution.  Also, I looked at their software library description and I see the
standard routines for vector motor control.

________________________________
From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Cor van de Water via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:19 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: Cor van de Water
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Silicon Mobility and 30% Efficiency Increase

Robert,
Maybe it is because I do not come from a typical car background,
but frankly there is nothing new in this article as far as I can see,
for decades I have been used to design control systems with enough
hardware support so that the real-time generation of fast hardware
signals
and the capture of input signals is offloaded to dedicated hardware, so
the
control software can focus on what it was designed to do, the overall
control
of the system and not spend most its time spinning in a loop to generate
specific hardware signal.
Even my daily driver 1994 US Electricar has a combination of a control
processor and a DSP
to generate the high speed PWM signals for the motor inverter, charger
and DC/DC.
Granted, that old design uses 2 separate chips to achieve what this
company
proposes in a single processor, but I do not see how this can be
considered
revolutionary in the car industry or how it can achieve up to 30%
efficiency
improvement. The whitepaper does not show it.
So, until I get *data* that shows otherwise, I still consider this
company
in a PR effort to get new funding/customers and to do that, they make
claims
that seem to stretch the truth....
Kind regards,
Cor.