http://en.brinkwire.com/249339/tesla-on-autopilot-nearly-crashes-in-exact-same-spot-model-x-crashed/
Tesla on autopilot nearly crashes in exact same spot Model X crashed.
April 8, 2018  The electric car maker said the driver, who was killed in the
accident, did not have his hands on the steering wheel for six seconds
before the crash, despite several warnings from the vehicle. Tesla said its
vehicle logs show the driver took no action to stop the Model X SUV from
crashing into a concrete lane divider ...

' ... Driver Shantanu Joshi was testing out what his Tesla would do on
autopilot on Highway 101, near Highway 85, by Mountain View.

‘I low key freaked out, but the car definitely starts swerving left without
giving me any warnings, right into that divider,’ Mr Joshi told CBS.

From the video it appears the white lanes were faded so the car thought the
left side of the lane was on the right.

‘The lanes are not marked clearly on the road, so the camera attached to the
Tesla vehicle is having a difficult time’, Fred Barez, a professor of
mechanical engineering at San Jose State University told the programme ... '
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/05/17/4AD97DA400000578-5582461-image-a-2_1522944894188.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/