Well, just had the battery checked out, and it tests good for both cranking and
voltage.
This probably means that the little digital voltmeter I have hooked to the
system is getter VERY confused.
Combine this with the Tach Sensor no longer working reliably, and I do suspect
a LOT more electrical noise than there used to be.
Likely caused by my exploding contactor event - which ran an enormous current
pulse through the Zilla motor loop.

Zilla still works - but I'm wondering if some the input capacitors may have
gotten damaged?

I'm going to do some work so I can hook up one of my Fluke DVM's and be able to
see the display while driving.
Also switch it between AC and DC to help see how much noise there is on the
line.

--
Try my Sensible Email package!  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sensibleemail/