https://electrek.co/2018/05/19/porsche-mission-e-all-electric-mark-webber-test-drive/
Porsche’s all-electric Mission E is a ‘game change’, says pro-driver Mark
Webber after test drive
May. 19th 2018  Fred Lambert

[image
https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/screen-shot-2018-05-19-at-9-57-05-am-e1526738638393.jpg

video
https://youtu.be/4oCoPwc2Rrg
Mark Webber drives the Mission E at Porsche’s test track in Weissach.
]

There are not many people who had the chance to drive the Mission E,
Porsche’s first all-electric vehicle, but pro-driver Mark Webber is one of
them and he gave his impressions after a day at the track with one of the
latest prototypes.

Now Webber works for Porsche so he is not exactly an unbiased party, but I
still think his comments, especially his comparisons with other Porsche
vehicles, were interesting.

Here’s what he had to say after a Mission E test drive at Porsche’s test
track in Weissach:

    “I’ve got many Porsche moments that will stay with me forever – winning
the WEC in the 919 Hybrid would be one – and I think I’ve just experienced
another: driving the Mission E for the first time.

    It’s a game changer, this car. Quite literally, it is stealth in motion.

    Still clearly a Porsche, it actually kept reminding me of the 919, as
there were times were we could drive our Le Mans racer on E-Motor alone.

    The gorgeous view from inside the cockpit over the front wheel arches is
pure 918 and the way the four-wheel drive system puts its 600 hp down simply
sensational.

    I’m a bit of an old-school kind of guy and I love nothing more than to
drive so I don’t mind admitting I had some reservations. I thought that the
Mission E could feel a little heavy but the driving experience is seriously
dynamic: the four-wheel steering, the performance and the braking ability
were a really amazing experience.

    I’ve driven lots of cars over the years that I’ve fallen for but the
Mission E really stands out. I’m looking forward to driving it a lot more in
the future.”

Here’s a video that Porsche released about his test drive:

Porsche says that they are aiming for the vehicle to have “over 310 miles of
range” (500 km) on a single charge, but they announced that back when it was
based on the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC), which is much more forgiving
than the EPA rating and doesn’t really reflect real-world range. It’s should
still have a more than decent range of more than 250 miles.

Though the automaker is also rumored to be aiming to offer different range
options with different battery packs, it’s not clear if 250 miles is the
base or top option – hopefully, it’s the minimum.

The company has previously been talking about a 0 to 60 mph acceleration in
3.5 seconds and earlier this year, a Porsche executive said that the Mission
E will be able to go long distances at high-speed [
https://electrek.co/2018/03/01/porsche-mission-e-tesla-performance/
], like traveling on the German autobahn, or to complete a few laps on the
race track.

The Mission E is expected to hit production next year.
[© electrek.co]

http://www.thedrive.com/news/20975/ex-formula-1-driver-mark-webber-tests-the-porsche-mission-e-in-weissach
Ex-Formula 1 Driver Mark Webber Tests the Porsche Mission E in Weissach
May 20, 2018  The racer puts the electric sedan through its paces on the
track ... more than 600 horsepower from two electric motors that drive all
four wheels. ... testing, Porsche is dedicated to making sure that its first
EV is a heavy-hitter.
https://youtu.be/4oCoPwc2Rrg

+
http://www.theweek.co.uk/electric-cars/93814/porsche-mission-e-2019-everything-we-know-so-far
Porsche Mission E 2019: everything we know so far
May 23, 2018  Unlike Jaguar, whose entry into the electric realm took the
form of the I-Pace SUV, the German carmaker's EV will combine the
practicality of a saloon car with ...
http://cdn1.theweek.co.uk/sites/theweek/files/styles/16x9_710/public/2018/05/screen_shot_2018-05-23_at_14.38.43.png?itok=xhg4JLXY

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/