% Poll is good for media outlet's revenue but will not produce useful
results, thus give an inaccurate picture of real-life daily plugin use (much
like the way VW-funded Electrify America operates = Dysfunctional, putting
public EVSE where it is not needed, and not where it is to get from city A
to B). Twit-acct required 2play =dumb, where there are free poll sites where
subscription is not required (limiting participation, resulting in
inaccurate results, again). %

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1116941_where-do-you-charge-your-electric-car-take-our-twitter-poll
Where do you charge your electric car? Take our Twitter poll
May 29, 2018  Eric C. Evarts

[image
https://images.hgmsites.net/med/electrify-america-level-2-chargers-with-chevrolet-bolt-and-nissan-leaf_100649853_m.jpg
Electrify America Level 2 chargers with Chevrolet Bolt and Nissan Leaf

share
https://twitter.com/GreenCarReports/status/1001456515964862464
Green Car Reports‏ @GreenCarReports
What type of charging do you rely on for your electric car?
o - Home charging
o - Charging at work
o - Public Level 2 charging
o - Public fast (L3) charging
May 29, 2018
]

As Tesla expands its Supercharging network and Volkswagen spends $2 billion
on their network over the next seven years, we're reminded that one of the
biggest conveniences of electric cars is the ability to charge them at home.

That led us to ask, how many electric car owners are dependent on public
charging and how fast do they need it to be? For that matter, how many
electric-car drivers mainly charge at home?

So we thought we'd put the question to our Twitter followers to find out
what types of charging they rely on for their electric cars.

Specifically, our Twitter poll this week asks: "What type of charging do you
depend on for your electric car?"

The choices are: home charging, which could be a standard Level 2 EVSE
charging station or just an ordinary 110-volt household outlet; public Level
2 chargers that have been springing up at shopping malls and Whole Foods
stores for several years now; or DC fast chargers such as Tesla
Superchargers or Electrify America fast charging stations. We also included
an option for those who are able to do most of their charging at work at an
outlet or a charging station provided by their employer.

Without widespread public charging infrastructure, electric cars have been
limited mostly to homeowners who have control over where and when to install
a charging stations. A few electric-car drivers have also been able to
charge at work even if they couldn't charge at home.

Most experts agree that easy access to public charging for city or apartment
dwellers will increase the number of electric cars on the road.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 66.2 percent of Americans own their
homes, though many of these are also condominiums or co-ops that might not
make it easy for a homeowner to install their own electric-car charger.

To tell us what type of charging you need, whether you already own an
electric car or are hoping to buy one, click on over to our Twitter poll.

Remember, as always, that our Twitter polls are unscientific, because the
sample size is small and the respondents are self selected.
[© greencarreports.com]

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/stoopid-VW-s-e-america-is-squandering-EVSE-scandal-fund-tp4690034.html
(stoopid): VW's e-america is squandering EVSE-scandal-fund$
'Electrify America is a subsidiary of VW' % ...
May 07 2018

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}