https://carbuzz.com/news/who-thought-the-bmw-inext-ev-wouldn-t-be-an-suv
Who Thought The BMW iNext EV Wouldn't Be An SUV?
May 30 2018  Jay Traugott

[images
https://dmi3w0goirzgw.cloudfront.net/gallery-images/840x560/429000/800/429868.jpg

https://dmi3w0goirzgw.cloudfront.net/gallery-images/840x560/429000/800/429871.jpg

https://dmi3w0goirzgw.cloudfront.net/gallery-images/840x560/429000/800/429870.jpg

https://dmi3w0goirzgw.cloudfront.net/gallery-images/840x560/429000/800/429873.jpg

https://dmi3w0goirzgw.cloudfront.net/gallery-images/840x560/429000/800/429874.jpg
]

Apparently there's some confusion.

A couple of weeks ago, BMW released a teaser image of its upcoming iNext
all-electric flagship. Although production isn’t slated to begin until 2021,
the overall design is, more or less, locked down. Judging by that teaser
image, it looks like the iNext will be a Jaguar I-Pace rival. In other
words, an SUV. Yet some wouldn’t fully accept that. Automotive News has now
confirmed with unnamed BMW sources the 2021 iNext will be a SUV and not a
sedan.

That latter duty will be given instead to the also upcoming i4, which will
basically be an electrified version of the next generation 4 Series Gran
Coupe. We don’t know just yet when the i4 will arrive as the iNext is
priority. More importantly, the iNext SUV will also be slotted above the
expected all-electric version of the X3. We saw an early preview last month
of the iX3 at Beijing ahead of its 2020 reveal. The iNext is a big deal for
BMW because it’ll face not only the I-Pace but also the Audi e-tron.
Battery-powered crossover SUVs are the next big thing. Along with its
electric powerplant, the iNext will also showcase BMW’s autonomous driving
technology that’s being jointly developed with Mobileye, Intel, Continental
and Magna.

What’s for certain is that the iNext must be a hit, unlike BMW’s current EV
offering, the i3. Recently updated, the i3 remains a slow seller and never
came close to achieving the level of popularity BMW once hoped for.
Basically, Tesla proved that EVs can be sexy and the i3 is definitely not
sexy. The iX3, judging by the concept, looks pretty cool, but it won’t have
all of the iNext’s state-of-the-art-tech. Sexy SUV styling and packed with
technology is what the iNext will be all about.
[© carbuzz.com]

+
https://energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/power/jeep-to-offer-range-of-electric-vehicles-by-2022/64423376
Jeep to offer range of electric vehicles by 2022
June 02, 2018  New Delhi: Jeep brand chief Mike Manley says all Jeep
vehicles will have an electrified version by the end of the company's
five-year business plan to make the brand more environmentally friendly ...
Jeep will enter three new segments: a small city-car size SUV targeting
customers accustomed to sedans and hatchback, larger SUVs ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/