Chris,
It probably helps to realize that their largest battery alone weighs about
3,000 lbs, so add its support/enclosure and assume that they have been able
to push the envelope and the battery is almost half the weight of the
vehicle, then you see it is about 3 metric tonnes of car, which will need a
lot of power to qualify as hypercar.
But it is easy to dyno a single small motor to its peak hp and torque,
multiply that by 24 and claim that is what the car can produce. If they do,
they open their doors wide for lawsuits, when customers actually have their
cars measured.
And as you said, getting it to the road is yet another story, you can't
drive around with tires glued to the pavement.
Cor.