I agree with Cor. I have examples of Thundersky, CALB, and GBS LiFePO3 cells
that have failed by turning into resistors.

>From: EVDL Administrator via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
>You would need 2 BMSes, but IMO (I am not an expert) it would be safer to
>make 2 series strings, and then parallel the strings.

That's the method I've used. The two strings are also not connected directly in
parallel. If a cell in either string fails shorted, the higher-voltage string
dumps *all* its power into the lower-voltage string.
This can kill the good string, overcharge the bad string, and set Fire to the
shorted cell!

Instead, add a commoning diode in series with each string (anode to +, cathode
to main contactor + (to controller +). These diodes prevent the higher-voltage
string from feeding current into the lower-voltage string. The commoning diodes
are BIG -- they have to carry the maximum battery current.

For charging, you need a second pair of commoning diodes from the charger + to
each string's +. These diodes can be much smaller, as they only need to carry
the charger's maximum current.

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James