From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of brucedp5 via EV
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:53 PM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: brucedp5 <bruce...@juno.com>
Subject: [EVDL] EVrecall: Ford Focus L1 EVSE> fire reports, cheap thermistor
fix

https://www.cars.com/articles/49000-ford-focus-electric-fusion-energi-and-c-max-energi-cars-recall-alert-1420702665093/
49,000 Ford Focus Electric, Fusion Energi and C-Max Energi Cars: Recall
Alert August 22, 2018  Patrick Masterson

Vehicles Affected: Approximately 49,000 model-year 2012-15 Ford Focus
Electric and model-year 2013-15 Fusion Energi and C-Max Energi electric
vehicles equipped with 120-volt convenience charge cords

The Problem: Using the originally provided 120-volt convenience charge cord
with an AC outlet that is not on a dedicated circuit or is damaged, worn or
corroded may result in increased temperature at the wall outlet, increasing
the risk of a fire.

Ford said it is aware of some fire reports.

The Fix: Dealers will replace the factory-equipped 120-volt convenience
charge cord with the latest version of the 120-volt convenience cord that
includes a thermistor, which can identify over-temperature conditions at the
plug or outlet interface. The repair will be done for free.

What Owners Should Do: Ford did not immediately announce an
owner-notification schedule. Owners can call the automaker at 866-436-7332,
the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's vehicle-safety hotline
at 888-327-4236 or visit its website to check their vehicle identification
number and learn more.

Need to Find a Dealer for Service? Go to Cars.com Service & Repair to find
your local dealer. To check for other recalls, and to schedule a free recall
repair at your local dealership, click here: Ford Focus Electric; Ford
Fusion Energi; Ford C-Max Energi [© cars.com]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}