https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-fan-made-commercial/
Tesla Model 3 fan-made commercial invokes the elusive ‘soul’ of electric
cars
August 25, 2018  Simon Alvarez

[video  / Jono Seneff
https://youtu.be/laW8rtUEMyc
Tesla Model 3 — Feel It
Jono Seneff’s fan-made Tesla Model 3 commercial
]

Tesla fan and filmmaker [jonoseneff.com] once drove his father’s Model S
75D, and it gave him an experience unlike any other. Jono knew the specs of
the vehicle prior to his drive, such as its 0-60 mph time, its battery
capacity, and its range per charge. But once he stepped on the accelerator,
he realized that Tesla’s electric cars are more than just fun facts and
figures — they are about that special feeling that one experiences when
trying out something new for the first time.

These thoughts formed half of the inspiration behind the filmmaker’s latest
project — a fan-made commercial for the Tesla Model 3 recently shared on
Jono’s YouTube channel. The 90-second commercial, which would not be out of
place beside the best entries in Tesla’s Project Loveday contest last year,
deals with the theme of feeling, and of experiencing (and re-experiencing)
things. Jono provided some details about his fan-made Model 3 commercial to
Teslarati through email, where he discussed the inspiration behind his
project, as well as some fun Tesla-themed Easter Eggs he included in the ad.

Jono notes that his fan-made Model 3 commercial was inspired by a dream he
once had of a deaf organist blasting music in the desert, as well as his
personal experiences with a Model S. A Long Range RWD Model 3 was used as
the main vehicle in the ad, and it was shot with the help of volunteers from
his fellow USC cinema graduate students. Ultimately, the project took a long
time to accomplish, with work starting back in April in and around Los
Angeles.

Following is an excerpt from the filmmaker’s message describing the project.

“My dad got the Model S 75D about two years ago. Over the holidays I was
able to drive it. Everything that I had read about Tesla – the 0-60 stats,
the production process, how the batteries work,  all of that just fell away
as I was pulling away from the stoplight. There is that inevitable stupid
grin that creeps onto your face when you accelerate like that for the first
time. This all made me think about what a Tesla commercial should really be
about. It’s about feeling something. It’s not about knowing facts and
figures; it’s about that uncontrollable stupid grin on your face as you
silently accelerate out of a turn.

“I ended up trying to combine that feeling with this deaf Beethoven
character from my dreams who longed to experience music again. Beethoven
famously would put his body against the piano to feel the vibrations of his
late compositions.  Although Beethoven and my main character weren’t able to
hear music again, they were able to feel it. In the end, the unperformed
sheet music or the statistical data on Tesla’s website are ultimately
unrelated to that feeling that can only be experienced. And trust me —
whipping around the desert in the RWD Model 3 was just that. In fact, the
final shot of the spec is actually me in the car by myself just gunning it
towards the horizon.”

Jono also mentioned that the commercial includes some fun Easter Eggs
related to the company’s other products and one of CEO Elon Musk’s favorite
literature. Among these is a Powerwall 2 battery (placed cleverly at the
latter half of the commercial), as well as references to characters in Isaac
Asimov’s Foundation Series.

This particular fan-made Tesla Model 3 commercial is notable in the way that
it invokes that all-elusive “soul” referenced by car enthusiasts about
vehicles they are fond of. Being absent of any engine noise, Tesla’s
electric cars have been criticized for having no soul by critics. This
particular point was highlighted by Porsche in its teaser for the Taycan
(formerly known as the Mission E) earlier this year, when the German veteran
automaker noted that their upcoming all-electric sedan and Model S
competitor would be an electric car with soul.

“All Porsche models have something in common: They have a soul. A certain
feeling you get as a driver as soon as you get behind the wheel. Soon, the
Porsche Taycan is coming. And although his heart is powered by a different
force – electricity – the soul, once again, is the same.”

As this recent fan-made Model 3 commercial shows, Tesla’s vehicles do have a
soul, though it is not found in the form of an angry internal combustion
engine roaring to life as the driver presses on the accelerator. Rather, it
is an entirely different feeling — one that could only be fully understood
and experienced behind the wheel of Tesla’s electric cars.
[© teslarati.com]

+
https://cw33.com/2018/08/21/chinese-electric-car-launched-in-plano/
Chinese electric car launched in Plano
August 21, 2018  NEW YORK, NY -- Move over Tesla. A new electric car is
gearing up for an impact on the U.S. market after being unveiled in Plano
onTuesday. The compact ...
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-20k-Kandi-EVs-cn-sportsmancountry-com-in-Plano-TX-v-tp4691008.html
https://cw33.com/2018/08/21/chinese-electric-car-launched-in-plano/
Chinese electric car launched in Plano
2018/08/21  NEW YORK, NY -- Move over Tesla. A new electric car is gearing
up for an impact on the U.S. market after being unveiled in Plano, TX ...
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-20k-Kandi-EVs-cn-sportsmancountry-com-in-Plano-TX-v-tp4691008.html

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}