On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:36 PM Cor van de Water
<cor.vandewa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Typically, return to center is achieved with an (adjustable) spring if the
> motor is sent forward/backward by the controller from a single potmeter
> movement; or is your original pot not a standard 3-wire (top, bottom, wiper)
> version?

The original pot is a standard 3-wire. But, you got me thinking... The
manual shows this for the dip switches:

Mode  switch:
1OFF-2OFF:  Hall  throtle  mode
1OFF-2ON:  Potentiometer  mode
1ON-2OFF:  PWM  input  mode
1ON-2ON: RC-receiver PWM mode
3OFF:  Peak  current  OFF  3ON:  Peak  current  OFF
4ON:  RS232  UART  simple  command  mode  communication
4OFF:  RS232  USART  advanced  mode

But, there is a typo in the wiring diagram where Motor + is reversed
with Motor - as compared to the silk screening so I thought maybe the
dip switch settings might be mislabeled. I had #1 off and 2 on for
potentiometer mode. I just went and tried it again only with both #1
and 2 off. It now works as I expected! Maybe the first setting should
be Forward/Reverse switch active and the second setting as throttle
dictates forward/reverse.

I want the F/R switch mode because when it is in the OFF position the
controller won't power the motor so I can use it as sort of a
kill/safety switch.

Now I'll have to go back and look at those pots David pointed out.

Thank you,

--
David D. Nelson