I agree. Supercharger network access is a significant, and for some owners,
a primary reason for buying Tesla vehicles. Turning off features of a
customer's vehicle is problematic, and even more so while away from
home. Imagine
your ICE car's gas inlet suddenly only allowing a pencil stream of fuel
instead of the firehose.

Tesla runs risk of a negative media storm over tampering with customer's
vehicles.

Also, we don't know whether 50 kW Chademo is even a workaround. The answer
depends on how the disabling is actually implemented in the car software.
If DC charging is disabled on the car by locking out the battery relays
when DC is presented, I imagine Chademo is also gone.

If Tesla is worried about damaged vehicles experiencing problems while
supercharging, they could look at BMS voltage, current, and temperature
readings as a guide.

If they want to hedge things beyond just the BMS readings, onboard software
could result in an initial post-crash reduction in max charge rate followed
by a diagnostic ramp up back to normal over the next few hours of charging.
This would offer broader metrics on post-crash performance.

As a data point, some Toyota vehicles (e.g. Prius) do have a reduced
efficiency, lower performance mode for certain problems while the malfunction
light is lit up. These cars recheck their sensors each time they are used.
If after a certain number of times (about 50) the issue appears to be gone,
the car will clear the malfunction light and return to normal mode.