On Wed, Oct 10, 2018, 23:55 Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> It sounds like a *penalty* for driving hybrid or electric.

/sarcasm on

Well, everyone knows electrics are heavy and slow, and they say heavy stuff
damages roads, and we don't like slow cars blocking our ultralight weight
SUVs and rolling coal lifted crewcab pickup trucks that we drive solo to
(non construction related) work every day. And it's only rich treehugger
filtered-air people who can afford those ugly battery-fire-prone
contraptions anyway. And there are too few owners to actually stop us from
doing this. So, yea, let's charge them more.

/sarcasm off

FWIW, there is a new effort at the federal level to cancel the $7500
electrified
vehicle nonrefundable credit that only reduces the amount of taxes a person
may owe, and to add a federal fee.

https://electrek.co/2018/10/10/republican-bill-end-federal-tax-credit-for-electric-car/