when did Tesla haters take over the EVDL?

    On Monday, October 22, 2018, 10:18:27 PM EDT, EVDL Administrator via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 On 22 Oct 2018 at 19:36, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> Tesla says that the Model 3 drive system is designed and validated for over
> one million miles of range.

Hey, Fred Lambert, that word that you used, "range" -- at least in an EV, it
doesn't mean what you think it means.  :-\

I take it this was a lab simulation, not a real world road test?

If what I read is right, and indeed I might be misunderstanding, the big-
battery 3 has a claimed range of 310 miles. If you charge it to 80% at a
supercharger, that takes 40 minutes, and then you get about 250 miles before
you have to stop again to charge.  (If you'd told me 30 years agao that I'd
be writing something like that about an EV, I never would have believed
you.)

Anyway, at 60mph (neglecting acceleration time), you can drive 4h 10m, then
you charge for 40 min again.  Thus you can make 250 miles per 4h 50m, or
about 1250mi per day.  (Something else I never expected to write.)

You'd need 800 days (2 years 2 months 9 days) to cover a million miles.  And
that's assuming that you have at least 2 and maybe 3 drivers taking turns at
the wheel, and sleeping in the car.  Or maybe they could use a chase vehicle
with more comfortable sleeping quarters.

I guess it's possible that this was a genuine road test, but does the 2 year
plus time line make sense?.

If it's true, it's certainly good to hear that the transaxle should last
that long.  Now what about all the other parts in the car?

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator