Remember how many laughed, snickered, and downright put down electric
vehicles years ago without having driven one? Thankfully, those years are

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/10/18/cigarette-electric-boat-uses-mercedes-amg-project-one-batteries-electric-motors/
Cigarette Electric Super Boat Uses Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Batteries &
Electric Motors
October 18th, 2018  Nicolas Zart

[images
https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/files/2018/10/Cigarette-Racing-515-Project-ONE-Mercedes-AMG-5.jpg
Cigarette Racing 515 Project ONE Mercedes-AMG  Mercedes AMG E-Cigarette

https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/files/2018/09/Screen-Shot-2018-10-15-at-12.22.15-PM.png
Cigarette Can’t Wait For The Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Supersports Vehicle,
Builds Its Own

https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/files/2018/10/Cigarette-Racing-515-Project-ONE-Mercedes-AMG-4.jpg
Cigarette Racing 515 Project ONE Mercedes-AMG Cigarette Racing

https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/files/2018/10/Cigarette-Racing-515-Project-ONE-Mercedes-AMG.jpg
515 Project ONE Mercedes-AMG

https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/files/2018/10/Cigarette-Racing-515-Project-ONE-Mercedes-AMG-2.jpg
Cigarette Racing 515 Project ONE Mercedes-AMG
]

Yes, this electric Cigarette is not for smoking, not mass produced, and not
“affordable” for most people. However, it is one heck of an electric
performance beast that shows how the electric drivetrain continues to
disrupt the gasoline-based racing humdrum.

After more than a decade of electric racing on land, sea, and now air, I
never tire of seeing electric drivetrains advance into what were once
gasoline-only sports. Remember how many laughed, snickered, and downright
put down electric vehicles years ago without having driven one? Thankfully,
those years are somewhat behind us and a 2,200 hp (1656 kW) electric
Cigarette [
http://www.cigaretteracing.com/eng/SP_amgelec.php
] is yet another assault and proof that nothing can stop an electric motor,
so far.

“Two independent powertrains: they are symmetrically mounted on the left and
right side. Each of the two powertrains has 6 compact permanent-magnet
synchronous electric motors with a maximum power of 185 hp (138 kW) and
maximum torque of 184 ft?lb (250 Nm) each; so the boat provides a combined
maximum output of 2220 hp (1656 kW) and maximum torque of 2213 ft?lb (3000
Nm).The electric motors are taken from the SLS AMG Electric Drive.”

The Cigarette AMG Electric Drive is rightfully impressive on paper. And if
you’ve watched a Cigarette race or were lucky enough to ride in one, these
boats are the Formula 1 of the sea. This adventure started with the
Cigarette Racing 515 Project ONE as a collaboration between Mercedes-AMG and
Cigarette Racing. After 11 years of testing, the Miami-based boat
manufacturer showed impressive results. Designed from the ground up, the
Cigarette Racing 515 Project ONE uses much of the eventual Mercedes-AMG
Project ONE supersports car [
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/11/30/head-head-comparison-tesla-roadster-vs-mercedes-project-one/
].

But while we only see the Mercedes-AMG EV at car shows, Cigarette Racing
didn’t wait to make this vehicle a reality on water. This 9th special
edition boat is 51’ 5” in length and features an increased beam of 9’ 6” for
6 passengers seated comfortably. You can see more specs here [
http://www.cigaretteracing.com/eng/SP_amgelec.php
].

More seats are good and more surface space is even better. The Cigarette
Racing 515 Project ONE has 30% more surface area compared to its existing
50’ Marauder. It can reach a top speed of 140 mph. All of this rests on an
optimized composite structure made of carbon fiber, Kevlar, and e-glass.
Making Sense Of An Extremely Powerful Electric Cigarette

Okay, I promise, that was the last time I joked about e-cigarettes, but the
question remains: What is the importance and significance of such an EV
powerhouse?

We can argue that this is proof Cigarette Racing is looking to the future
and planning for it. Partnering with Mercedes to use its Formula 1
experience and the eventual Mercedes-AMG Project ONE supersports EV research
makes perfect sense for such a high-performance electric racing boat. Most
races are switching to electricity. Every step of the way is fun and
inspiring.

I regret that we are still waiting to see the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE EV
get out the door. But at least, Cigarette Racing didn’t wait — to the tune
of $2 million a pop.

Frankly, if I had $2 million to spare, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one. But
if I had money, I’d tell you what I’d do…
[© cleantechnica.com]

+
https://electrek.co/2018/10/22/audi-e-tron-delay-software-lg-price-batteries/
Audi e-tron slightly delayed due to software change, LG reportedly
increasing price of batteries
Oct. 22nd 2018  Audi has confirmed that its e-tron electric SUV has been
delayed by about 4 weeks ... LG Chem is reportedly trying to increase the
price of the vehicle's batteries.
https://i2.wp.com/electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/09/Audi-E-Tron-World-Launchv-Blue-and-White.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/