On 3 Dec 2018 at 22:47, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> For other companies like Volvo, Volkswagen, and Toyota that are far from the
> 200,000 car limit, ending the subsidies could seriously hurt their ambitious
> goals to produce more " if not switch entirely to " electric vehicles in
> the next few years.

Maybe a minor hit, but from what I've read, most EU and Asian automakers are
now focusing more on -- duh -- the EU and Asia.  With the way politics has
gone here in the US, I'm sure it didn't take a crystal ball for them to
predict what was going to happen to the US EV market.

There's certainly some difference in environmental attitudes between the
different sides of the aisle in other nations, but usually it's much less
dramatic and polarized than it is here in the states.  So I expect that
regardless of the how politics develops in the EU and Asia, they, not the
US, will become the primary EV growth areas in the future.  In fact, some
countries have already announced a "drop dead" year for ICEVs, though some
of them are pretty far off (such as 2040).

Interesting times, indeed.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator