Quoting Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>:

Sigh... rarely have I seen more EV mis-information in one place.

https://hackaday.com/2019/01/04/why-converting-classic-cars-to-electric-drive-is-a-thing/

They describe EV conversions as incredibly complicated and expensive; "toys" for the ultra-rich. They seem to think it can only be done by very high-tech firms with incredible resources.

Even basic resources are a problem for me living in a polarized world.  That is the reason I do Model A Fords both ICE and EV, a 2000 S10 Conversion, and now a Model 3 Tesla. I find Elon's values and priorities more helpful than those of most folks who are blessed with the skills and resources that I lack. By combining (KISS) love and determination with what skill and resources I have,  I have had moderate success in my struggle with the "system".

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt.

Ron Solberg
Hills, MN

In particular, the comments remind me of just how hopelessly clueless the general public is about EVs.

--
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in
possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. (Max Born)

Links:
------
[1] http://www.sunrise-ev.com