IMO, Rick's idea with the Tango was brilliant.  Though the car was
unconventional in appearance, I would even say weird, it was and is a
rational design that should have appealed to briliant people.

The problem was the car's price.  The price sticker looked like it belonged
on an exotic sports car, but when you backed away from the window, that
wasn't what you saw.  It just didn't (and doesn't) LOOK like an exotic
sports car, even though it reportedly drove like one.

There just aren't enough 99.99th-percentile-brilliant people with money.

Also, people with money don't generally want tiny, weird cars.  Of course
there are exceptions, but most of them want big, luxurious cars.

Elon Musk understood all this intuitively, probably because he was himself
awash in dough, and that's why Teslas are what they are.

Rick Woodbury?  I have no idea.

I'm glad he's still pursuing his dream.  I hope he catches it someday.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator