% Wouldn't this be good if it were real-easy2use? %

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmahon/2019/01/28/let-exelon-haggle-with-your-car-dealer/#1c1979ec43c0
Let Exelon Haggle With Your Car Dealer
Jan 28, 2019  Jeff McMahon

[image  / Getty
https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/960x0/https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F651424155%2F960x0.jpg
]

The electricity-giant Exelon is ready to step in between you and your car
dealer to get you a better deal on a new vehicle, as long as the vehicle is
electric.

"We're not selling cars per se, but we're going to get you as close to a car
as we possibly can," said Caroline Quazzo,  a manager at EZ-EV, an
Exelon-owned and incubated startup. "Obviously the dealer has to close the
loop, but we can make it as easy as possible."

An energy generation company, Exelon owns ComEd and five other utilities.
EZ-EV offers utilities, including non-Exelon utilities, software and
services to serve as a clearing house for information on electric vehicles,
giving potential buyers a trusted source for the guidance that can overcome
the four lingering obstacles to EV adoption.

"When we work with utilities we will also develop relationships with car
dealers in local areas, so we will source deals specifically for customers
of ComEd or the local utility," Quazzo said last week at the Smart Cities
Symposium in Chicago. "Once you've gone through the customer journey and you
get to the point that you've identified the vehicle you would like or that
fits your lifestyle—say it's a Nissan Leaf, then we can say 'Okay here are
three Nissan Leaf dealers in your area, and here are great deals that they
are offering on specific vehicles or models.'"

EZ-EV also offers to set up a local call-center to field questions about
electric vehicles, blog posts and videos to educate consumers, and local
events that promote EVs.

Many utilities see electric vehicles as one fix for the "death spiral" they
feared a few years ago when the prospect of distributed energy started to
make a centralized grid look obsolete. Electric vehicles will need
electricity, they reckon, and infrastructure to deliver it—two things
utilities can provide.

But some powerful forces oppose the adoption of EVs, including some oil
companies and the current president of the United States, so utilities are
looking for leverage to ensure that electric vehicles flourish.

"Electrification is really crucial to the ecosystem of the utility," Quazzo
said. "Depending on where in the country you are, electric vehicles can add
anywhere from $200-$400 per year per vehicle to a utility. So again, every
new EV on the road is money to the utility."
[© forbes.com]
https://www.ez-ev.com/services-more-infor
EZ-EV  As more individuals are switching to electric vehicles, we thought it
would be helpful to provide some information that may make the transition
easier. We make ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=EZ-EV

+
Mercedes-Benz will produce EV batteries in Poland
Jan 22nd 2019  WARSAW — Daimler-owned Mercedes-Benz Cars will start
producing electric batteries in Jawor, Poland, the Polish Prime Minister
Mateusz Morawiecki said on ... MB plans to use $23 billion worth of
batteries over the next decade ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/